Live Laugh Love

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Great Grandparents

My grandparents live next door to my parents house in WA.  Growing up we visited them every Sunday and often saw them throughout the week.  They are VERY special to me and truly exemplify the type of person I hope to be.  I feel so blessed to have lived so close to so much family and especially grandparents.
Grandma, Grandpa, cousin, me before leaving for college

My Grandma, unfortunately, suffers from Alzheimer.  She struggles to remember much of anything.

Her home, on the other hand,  has such a safe feeling to me because of the atmosphere and spirit that she always invited.  She has always been a homemaker.  I remember smelling fresh homemade bread, cookies, and fresh cleaned linens when walking into her home.  There's no doubt in my mind the positive impact a mother can make on a home.  My grandma is not capable of cleaning or cooking any longer, but she raised daughters that take the responsibility on themselves to do what she cannot. They all take turns cleaning her home and taking care of her on a daily basis.


Laura May and Gwyn have impacted generations. 39 grandchildren and over 100 great-grandchildren.
I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to be a homemaker knowing what a gift it truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment