Live Laugh Love

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Big Goal(s)

In high school I played for our school's soccer team and LOVED the conditioning aspect of practice. (I know I'm a weirdy).  On a typical day, after practice, I would go home and usually run 3 more miles around the neighborhood just because I liked to. I never thought anything of it until I couldn't run anymore.  My freshman year of college I had a major stress fracture that prevented me from running for 6 months.  Within that 6 months I didn't know what to do with myself.  So, I did what any normal person would do, stop working out because I didn't feel comfortable doing anything else and sit on the couch and eat bon bons (no wait it was no bakes, remember Cort, Shay, Liz, and Amanda?)
How I manage to look like a boy that just crawled out of garbage? talent. I know. (it's marshmallows fyi)

After my stress fracture was healed, I started running again with my roommate Amanda, and loved it.  I ran my first 10k on the 4th of July 2009.  My goal was to run a half marathon soon after, but never did.
 wait, I thought we said prom pose...

Fast forward to now. . .Jackson is 3.5 months old now, and I'm getting trying to get my groove back. I want to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June. THAT IS MY BIG GOAL for this year.
This is going to consist of several mini goals.  So, take this as a warning, you may be hearing a lot about my runs  walks for the next FOREVER.
Today I ran my first 3 miles. Blah, I have never felt so crappy after a run. I guess a whole package of Oreos isn't good fuel...hmm who woulda thunk? 
The red creme gets me every time

3 comments:

  1. Hahahah I'm right there with you, Shar!! I've gotta get back into shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I might do that race too:) Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this was hilarious, but I know you will be able to do that 1/2 marathon easy by June :)

    ReplyDelete